Started in March 2017, Prerana Vidyalaya, Kathiya, Bemetara, Chhattisgarh is a Higher Secondary English-medium Residential School affiliated with the Chhattisgarh Board. Inspired by the co-existential philosophy of Madhyasth-Darshan (Propounded by Venerable Shri A Nagraj Ji), this school is an initiative towards the humanisation of education. Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Sardarshahar, Churu, Rajasthan has played a pioneering role in helping transform this initiative into reality. The primary responsibility of functioning of Prerana Vidyalaya is shouldered by families of Manav Teerth - a centre for study and practice of Madhyasth Darshan.
Accredition & Board Affiliation
A project of Divya Path Sansthan, Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh. A unit of Gandhi Vidya Mandir Trust, Sardarsharhar, District Churu, Rajasthan.
CGBSE Affiliation No. - 122030
Teacher - Student ratio
- By maintaining a healthy balance in numbers between teachers and students we ensure that the class/school isn’t too crowded. Having too many children implies less attention towards each child’s development. A child can get lost in a crowd. There is a lot of fear one feels in crowded spaces. There is also a sense of disorientation. An example is at the beginning and end of the day when the bell rings all children rush out of the classrooms, into the corridors to head to the bus. There is chaos and this is particularly stressful and intimidating for younger children.
- The idea is to also maintain a healthy school strength that is balanced and allows for enough attention to each child without overcrowding.
- The intention is also to avoid too many sections in order to avoid crowding as well as competition.
- Discipline and good behaviour require a healthy /appropriate number of students. Too many would lead to a crowd which could lead to chaos.
Awards & Achievements
- National School Award- The Amritam Awards 2022 for Best Sustainable Practices in Education (Run by the Sri Aurobindo Yoga and Knowledge Foundation, India)
- 5 students qualified for the state level competition of Kala Utsav '22-'23 (An initiative of Ministry of Education under the Rastriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan)
- 2 students were selected for the Rashtriya Bal Vigyan Congress 2022
- National School Award- The Progress Global Awards 2021 for Best Academic Excellence
- 50% of Class X students scored above 90% in the Board Examinations 2021-22
- 7 students qualified for the state level competition of Kala Utsav '21-'22 (An initiative of Ministry of Education under the Rastriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan)
Prerana Vidyalaya Short Film - https://youtu.be/aSxl5pQsw1Y
Prerana Vidyalaya Personality Development - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUyfI66LvRo
Saath Saath Togetherness - https://youtu.be/U7ahMTiInp4
At Prerana Vidyalaya, the teachers have developed written and audio visual material to enhance the learning of the students.
- Concept Books for Lifelong Learning for Classes I to VIII
- Workbooks for Classes Nursery, LKG and UKG